Christmas vacation is an excellent opportunity to spend time with the kids and family before you head back to your daily routine. While it may seem like there’s a lot to do, winter break can get boring really quick! Especially since the cold weather limits you to indoor activities. Make the time off more enjoyable with this list of fun holiday activities for kids.
- Bake a favorite dessert. What kid doesn’t love dessert? Let them help you pick out a recipe and bake it together.
- Read a book together. Hit the local library and pick out a handful of books to read together.
- Go ice skating. Not only will you have fun, but the kids will be exhausted at the end of the day. Check out Lawrence Plaza’s outdoor rink.
- Volunteer at a food bank or homeless shelter. Use the downtime to teach the kids the importance of helping others.
- Host a karaoke party. Get everyone together and sing along to some festive tunes.
- Make s’mores. Something about cold weather makes gooey sweets enticing! You can even make a frozen version ahead of time. Check out this frozen coconut s’ mores recipe.
- Watch a movie. Cozy up in the evening and watch a holiday movie or family favorite. You could even start a new tradition!
- Have a family game night. Choose a board game or video game and have a friendly family competition.
- Make gingerbread houses together. Get enough supplies for each person in the family to design their own gingerbread house. Then, take pictures and post on social media, asking your friends to vote for the best one. Whoever gets the most votes wins a small prize.
- Make DIY Giftwrap. Get a roll of brown or white paper, some paint, and let your kids go to town. They’ll love being creative, and you’ll have a one-of-a-kind wrapping paper. Use it now, or save it for next year and wrap presents in their creations.
- Take a tour of Christmas displays. Jump in the car and check out all the light displays in neighborhoods and parks.
- Host a cookie swap. Invite friends, family, or neighbors and ask everyone to bring a tray of treats. Then, let everyone mix and match until they have a new assortment to take home.
- Make salt dough ornaments. Salt dough ornaments are easy to make and so much fun. They make a great keepsake or present for grandparents. Here’s how to make them.
What fun holiday activities for kids do you love to do during winter break? Let us know in the comments.
Are you relocating and looking for a new home in Bentonville, AR? We invite you to visit Scissortail. You’ll love our location, beautiful custom homes, amenities, lifestyle, and neighbors. You deserve the life waiting for you at Scissortail.