Bentonville, Arkansas is well-known for being the headquarters of Walmart. But, there’s so much more to this town than that. We decided to make a list of all the reasons people love living in Bentonville, Arkansas. And, why we think you’d love it too.
Short History of Bentonville
The town of Bentonville was selected as the county seat of Benton County upon Arkansas’ acceptance as a state on June 15, 1836. The townsite itself was not laid out and platted until November 7, 1837.
But, before that, it was called Osage. Settlers moved into the region as early as 1830. They named it Osage after the area’s first occupants who used it as their hunting grounds.
Later, the town was renamed Bentonville after a prominent Missouri Senator, Thomas Hart Benton, who strongly supported Arkansas’ statehood.
Fun Fact: Benton County was known for an abundance of apple trees. Fruit production became a significant part of the local economy, followed by poultry and dairy.
Why do people love living in Bentonville, Arkansas?
Located in northwest Arkansas, Bentonville offers a rich history and culture. Here are 10 reasons why people love living in Bentonville.
- Bentonville is home to H&H Classic parts so you may run into some classic Chevys here and there.
- The Civil War took a toll on the Arkansas town when both armies occupied it. The oldest buildings you’ll find are from 1876 or later when the town began to rebuild.
- The area is an emerging cultural center and home to the nationally recognized American art museum, Crystal Bridges and performing arts center, Walton Arts Center.
- It has a rich history. Bentonville has over 30 listings on the National Register of Historic Places.
- There are over 20 miles of trails in Bentonville.
- Northwest Arkansas area is among the nation’s most desirable places to live.
- Exciting culinary scene. The area includes an endless array of restaurants and food trucks. Award-winning chef’s offer fine dining experiences, authentic international cuisine that showcases the area’s expanding multiculturalism. An let’s not forget the traditional local southern food favorite with food sources from local farms and markets.
- Bentonville is the fastest-growing town in the state.
- Bentonville was named one of America’s top five up-and-coming tourist cities by The Huffington Post in 2015. Bentonville hotels reported having housed visitors from France, Africa, Switzerland, and Japan.
- The investment in education. Bentonville School District is ranked among the top school districts locally and nationally.
Do you love living in Bentonville? Tell us what you love most.
Are you relocating and looking for new homes for sale in Bentonville, AR? Do you want to build a new construction home in a private, gated community? We have new construction homes for sale and lots for sale at Scissortail. Contact us to tour our beautiful neighborhood and learn more about living the lifestyle you deserve at Scissortail.